September 27, 2010

Book Review from BookSneeze



So I recently came across the book review place for people with blogs. I am always interested in getting and reviewing a product. I went onto the website and signed up and then looked at the available books. I picked the book Jesus Calling 365 Devotions for Kids. When I got the book in the mail I was super excited to look through and read some of the devotions. The book is super cute with every date being displayed in the corners and then with the title of the days lesson and then bible verse. There is a quick interpretation of the bible verse put into simpler terms for children. Then some on your own bible verses. As I sit here and type this page 115 falls open into my lap and stares me in the face...

April 20

I Won't Leave You- Ever

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.
-Deuteronomy 31:6

Do not be afraid, for I am with you- always! No matter what happens, I will never abandon you. Think about that. Let that soak into your mind and heart.

If you get angry and say something you shouldn't- I'm still with you.

If you take the easy way out and tell a lie to cover up something you did wrong- I'm still with you.

If you forget about Me and try to live life the way you want to- I'm still with you.

Sometimes the things you do will make Me happy. Sometimes the things you do will make Me sad. But there is nothing you can do that will ever make Me leave you.


This just sticks out to me that not only kids but sometimes even adults need to know that God loves us and will NEVER leave us no matter what we do! I think this book will make a great asset to my children's lives. Right now I think that I will have to read the devotion and then make it a little more kid friendly since my kids are still so young but one day they will be able to reread them and understand the devotions on a different level! It is a wonderful book and if you get the chance you should check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment