Day 21 – a recipe
If you are looking for a great handed down family recipe stop reading now.
I don't have any of those
In fact I rarely actually use a recipe more than once.
Normally, I'll try something new and if it's a hit I re-tweak it to work with our family.
So I guess here goes nothing...
Easy Slow Cooker French Dip Roast
- 4 pounds rump roast
- 1 (10.5 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 (10.5 ounce) can condensed French onion soup
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle beer
- 6 French rolls
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Trim excess fat from the rump roast, and place in a slow cooker. Add the beef broth, onion soup and beer. Cook on Low setting for 7 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Split French rolls, and spread with butter. Bake 10 minutes, or until heated through.
- Slice the meat on the diagonal, and place on the rolls. Serve the sauce for dipping.
So a new family favorite of ours. Except we put our rolls in the oven for a few minutes to melt the Swiss cheese we put on them.
SO yummy and a great cold weather food!