September 24, 2012

Fall Weather Brings Out the Apple Pickers

With Saturday being the first day of fall
does it feel like fall where you live?
It is feeling very much like fall
in the New England area and I love it. 

The leaves are changing colors
 the mornings are crisp
mums and pumpkins are on porches.

I love this time of year.
Fall or Autumn 
(whichever you call it)
is my favorite time of year.

Time to finally pull out your
 boots, sweaters, cardigans and fleece. 
The mornings are crisp and the evenings are cool.


Sunday we went off to pick apples
at Honey Pot Orchards over in Stow, Ma.
I went Friday with Ninja's kindergarten class
but of course had to let all the kiddos 
pick an apple or two.





There is something so relaxing about walking around
an apple orchard. 
Of course as a photo obsessed mom
there are endless picture possibilities.





I even managed to capture this 
VERY rare moment 
of my boys being sweet. 

My only problem now is 
how many apple related 
recipes I can convince everyone to eat.
Last year I tried  a few of these delights.
I wonder what I can come up with 
this year.
Any ideas?

2 comments:

  1. Apple picking brings out the best in everyone doesn't it?! Great seeing you this weekend. ~Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here is St. Louis this weekend was b-e-a-utiful!! The first day of Fall was a cool beautiful day! The beautiful colors are starting to change and we are slowly seeing the orange and yellow decorations pop up on neighbors doorstep. LOVE IT!!

    Newest follower from Monday blog hop. Hop you can stop by. I do have a giveaway that ends soon. Thanks! Julie from Stlavonlady – Scatterbrained In St. Louis

    ReplyDelete