December 9, 2010

I'm just not feeling it this year...

the Christmas spirit. 
I'm sure it has something if not
EVERYTHING
to do with the fact that we are moving and I have 
NO
Christmas decor up anywhere. 
Christmas is normally my favorite time of year.
I LOVE to decorate my house up and get into the Christmas spirit.
I tried the other day by having my girls help me decorate sugar cookies and by listening to Christmas music.
Honestly, I just got annoyed that the icing was running and I was low on sprinkles but of course I cant go out and buy any since they are not shippable.
The Christmas music was good until the cd started skipping which of course just added to my mood.

I've been sitting here all morning looking at other people's gorgeous 
Christmas trees and Christmas decorations on their blogs.
I knew I shouldn't since it only makes me feel worse 
but what else am I going to do when it is freezing outside?

I mean I do have other things I could be doing.
Like...
finishing wrapping gifts
taking pictures off the walls
  packing suitcases
emptying drawers out

You know all the fun things in life. 
Nope, I'm not going to do it. 
I think I'll just grab my cup of coffee and go indulge myself in some reading.
Too bad it's not on one of these bad boys...
 
One day... I'll join the ranks of the modern age. 
:)









2 comments:

  1. Sorry you aren't feeling it. I had a year like that last year. Miserable the entire time.

    About the Kindle...have you heard of Swagbucks? They pay you to search like you normally would on google. Honest to goodness that is how I paid for mine because I knew that 'you know what' would have to freeze over before I was able to get it any other way. Took me a year to save for it but I got it. You should check it out.

    Hope the day gets better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want one of those too but unless Santa hits the lottery its not going to happen! Thanks for stopping by and following my blog. Returning the favor!

    Diane

    ReplyDelete