December 24, 2010

Twas the day before Christmas...

and all through the house...

All the kiddos were stirring and causing a fight.
The stocking are still the bag from K-Mart
and the baby is taking the trees all apart.

Ok, so that is way harder than it seemed in my "blog idea" dream. :)
When do these kids go back to school? 
Oh that's right they are in between schools right now and wont go back until Jan 10th.
Oh, please help me now!
Every five minutes the older two are fighting with each other.

Rosie: "Mooommmyyyy... Carter is being mean to me"
Carter: "You started it first" (sticks out tongue) remember she's 10

Ninja: " I'm telling.... Mommmmmyyyy Hulk is taking things off the tree AGAIN"
Cue little sweet baby Hulk throwing himself on the ground pitching another fit.

What is with these kids? 
It's not always like this. 
I mean really they don't fight like this if a grandma or grandpa are around.
Oh, no they save the bad behavior just for me.
Was I Really that bad as a kid? 
A kid I don't think so, as a teenager still not a terror.

Really though Christmas Eve is just starting and they are all mad at each other for this second. 
Although once I pull out the "lets make Santa cookie" supplies I can bet they'll all be much nicer.
That or they wont be helping with the baking.

Oh and craziest of all...
I still have presents to wrap!
This whole being "homeless" during the holidays is not for me.
I get lazy.

Hopefully by the end of the night all will be well and the stocking will be well
not hung by the chimney with care but placed by the gifts without dumping them out.
All the gifts will be wrapped and delivered by the big man himself.
And the kids all snuggled in their beds with visions of sugarplums dancing in their heads.
Although, as long as they sleep all night I wont really care what they are dreaming about.

Merry Christmas to you all and to all a good day and night!


Suddenly, an angel of the Lord appeared among them...'Don't be afraid!' he said. 'I bring you good news that will bring great joy to all people. The Savior—yes, the Messiah, the Lord—has been born today in Bethlehem, the city of David!'

~ Luke 2:9-11, NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment