February 1, 2011

Yummy Winter Recipe

I love my crock pot.
Like LOVE.
If you love your crock pot too or just need an 
easy and quick dinner then I have just the recipe.

Beef French Dip Sandwiches

Ingredients
  • 4 pounds rump roast
  •   2 (10.5 ounce) can beef broth
  •   2 (10.5 ounce) can condensed French onion soup
  • 1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle beer
  • 6 French rolls
  • Swiss cheese

It says to trim the excess fat from the roast and then put into your slow cooker. 
(I don't trim my fat just cause it adds extra flavors)
Add the beef broth, French onion soup and beer.
Cook it on your low setting for 7 hours or high for about 4
It will start to look like this...
Doesn't that look so yummy!
Added bonus is that your house smells SO good while it cooks.

Spit the rolls and place the Swiss cheese onto the bread.
Bake at 350 until cheese is melted. 
Add your meat with as much or as little of the juice that you like.
I make fries to go with it and to dip into the yummy juices.
Or last night I dipped the fries into the Country Bob's.

Doesn't this just look so good?

It is!
The bext part about this is that all 4 of my kiddos love this meal. 
It takes about 5 minutes to put into your crock pot and does all the hard work for you!

2 comments: