April 23, 2011

Mil Spouse Survey

I saw this floating around, so I thought I would join in!

1. How long have you been a military wife?
8 years

2. What branch of service is your husband?
Marine Corps

3. Active/Reserve?
Active Duty

4. What is his job?
Admin

5. How many deployments have you gone through?
Only 1 and it was a tiny one.

6. Camo or Dress uniforms on your man?
Dress Blues. They are just so sexy, I mean professional.

7. What do you like about being a military wife?
I love watching my hubby get ready for work (when I'm up)
and knowing how proud I am of him and the many others serving.

8. Do you live on base?
Yes, Hanscom AFB

9. What is your favorite base so far?
Base wise Kansas City

10. What is the hardest part of the military life?
Making friends and then moving away.
But I have been doing it my entire life.

11. Do you go to the grocery store or Commissary?
Commissary now

12. Do you work or stay at home?
SAHM mom of 4 kids

13. Do you have a lot of military wife friends?
Yes, I only have a handful that are not and even most of them are prior service wives

14. Do you prefer Walmart or the BX/PX/NEX/MCX?
Wal-Mart or Target

15. How did your husband propose?
Basically by being deployed.
We are one of those...
Deployment wedding

16. Did you marry him after he joined or before?
After

18. Any kids?
4

19. Any kids yet to come?
No more for us

20. Is your husband one of those "I am soldier hear me "OORAH" kind of guys?
No, not at all. But he does take a lot of pride in his work

21. Have you ever done combatives with your husband?
Oh heck no. I'd be in SO much pain

22. How many bases have you lived at?
This is our 5th.

23. If you could change one thing about the military?
I wont even go there.

24. Do you like military balls?
LOVE them. 
It's the only time I get to dress up.

25. Where does your family live?
Georgia.
Although both my brothers are military and live in Japan (Marine) and Korea (Air Force)

26. What do you do for a job?
I am a SAHM

27. Have you ever gotten in a fight with an NCO's wife?
No, and I think it is tacky

28. Name one thing you do when your husband is gone.
Read a lot.

29. Do you think other wives do that too?
Probably

1 comment: