September 26, 2012

Crock-pot Applesauce

I have made two yummy
apple recipes since
going apple picking Sunday 
and I still have lots and lots of apples.

Yesterday, I tried my hand at 
making applesauce in the crock-pot.
First let me tell you it is
super easy
and it smells
super yummy.

All you need is:
Apples
Cinnamon
Water
Lemon Juice
Crock-Pot



 First you need to peel and slice your apples.
If you don't mind the peels in your applesauce you
can skip that step. 

 Dump your sliced/peeled apples into the crock-pot
Add 1/2 a cup of water.
1 tsp of lemon juice to avoid the applesauce from turning brown
when cooking. 
Add as much cinnamon as you want/like.

Cook on high for 3-4 hours 
or 
low for 5-6
My applesauce still turned brown but its from all the cinnamon 
I put in it. 

Serve it up warm right from the crock-pot
or refrigerate for cold applesauce. 

My kids ate it warm from the crock-pot 
with a small scoop of vanilla ice cream. 
YUM!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment