December 10, 2012

Macy's Heart of Haiti Holiday Stars #CleverHaiti

 
 The stars of my life will always be my children.
Stars light up your life and my children 
light up my life in ways I sometimes still
do not understand. 
I know that I will spend many many days with
these children and the many different
personalities between them.
I cherish that thought. 
Everyday with them is something new, exciting and yes
even sometimes crazy.

I received recently from the #cleverhaiti campaign
 a beautifully handmade star crafted by
a Haitian artist. 
Haiti is the poorest country in the Western Hemisphere 
and even with the devastating earthquake, the people of
Haiti continue to be filled with hope and desire 
to improve their lives.
The Heart of Haiti artists keep that hope alive by creating
these one of a kind artistic pieces.
You can buy beautifully handcrafted Heart of Haiti items at your local Macy's
The collection features more than 40 home decor items including
 quilts, metalwork, jewelry and paintings all made 
almost entirely from recycled and sustainable items such as 
old cement bags, cardboard, oil drums and local gommier wood.

I know that everyone has that one person in your life that has everything
and is hard to shop for. 
What a better gift idea than to give the gift that keeps on giving.
Not only are you buying a beautiful handcrafted item but you
will also be supporting the rebuilding of Haiti. 
 Macy’s Heart of Haiti upholds the belief that “trade not aid” 
is a powerful way to create sustainable 
work and much needed financial opportunities.

I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective, and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own. #CleverHaiti

1 comment:

  1. What lovely little stars you have indeed! Thanks so much for your support of this initiative. -Kelly

    ReplyDelete