January 1, 2011

Happy New Year

Wishing you all a happy and fun filled 2011!

Hope you all had a great night last night. 

Did you stay up until midnight to ring in the New Year?


If I become a little more MIA than I already have been these last few weeks please bare with me. 
We leave for Massachusetts Tuesday and I will be out of commission for regular posts until after we get moved into the house.
On a positive note once we get there our stuff is already there waiting on us in storage and we already have a house assigned to us. 
All we have to do is sign our new lease and get the keys.
I can not wait to actually see the house we picked out and take pictures to share with all of you!

Have a great day and don't forget to eat all the usual New years Day foods...
Black eyed peas for prosperity
Cabbage or Greens for money
Rice for health
Noodles in Asia represent a long life
Lentils for good fortune
Pomegranate for abundance and fertility
Fish for moving forward in this new year. Ya know since fish move forward. 

All I know is that I will be eating me some black eyed peas and some cabbage since I tend to stick to the southern traditions. Although the noodles for a long life sound good too. I will NOT be eating any pomegranate as it might confuse my efforts for abundance as a fertility wish. I have all the lovely children I need and can handle. 

What about the wise tales...

Whatever you do on New Years Day you will do everyday for the year
If you wash clothes you will wash someone out of your life
 Make loud noises at the stroke of midnight to scare away evil spirits

 Do you have any traditions or wise tales that you follow?


No comments:

Post a Comment